- Do you have clients who are stuck, stalled, or unhappy with their progress?
- What would your business/career look like if you could help take your clients’ success (as well as your own!) to the next level?
- What would happen if you could leverage the recent research in brain-based techniques to help clients undo old habits, gain empowering insights, and “rewire to go higher”?
A new sophisticated and systematic program that leverages new brain-based research to “train your brain for gain!
- Neuroplasticity—what it takes to rewire limiting beliefs and develop an open mindset; “what we focus on grows”
- Perspective & Internal Narratives—how our internal stories either undermine us or undergird us … and what to do about it
- Mood Management—the science behind how negative emotions cannibalize our mental capacity and physical health
- Strengths—identifying, growing, and leveraging the coach’s and clients’ strengths; the neural basis of why strengths work
- Neuroception—the staggering implications of a “threat” vs “safety” perspective and how it impacts our ability to flourish
- Thought-Action Focus—how “meaning-making” and morality can motivate and sustain us
- Complexity of Mind—how the “socialized” mind vs “self-authoring” vs “self-transforming” mind impact success
- Uncertainty—Uncertainty typically triggers stress—learn how to train your brain to befriend uncertainty and ambiguity
- Engagement with Others—using “brain coupling” to deepen trust and relationships with networking contacts, employers, etc.
- Resilience—brain-friendly tips and techniques to shorten bounce-back time and “routinize” new success habits
- Control Continuum—the strategy to shift clients from blaming others/circumstances to “owning” their success
(Program content may be modified.)
ICF Approval: This 15-session (22-hour) program is approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a part of our Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP).
Why The Academies?
Foundational to becoming a good coach is the ability to master a unique communication style. To become a good coach you must practice with people–asking powerful questions to increase awareness and possibilities, listening interactively to hone in on unearthed truths or client hesitations, guiding the conversation without pushing your agenda or letting the client get sidetracked or derailed, and more.
These skills cannot be mastered in a weekend format (have you ever come back to your office after being at a great conference, only to forget half of what you’ve learned or be too busy to implement the other half?) Nor can coaching be mastered entirely by embarking on self-directed study or reading books (much the same as taking a course on music appreciation does not equip you to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata). The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy 15-week format allows you to turn coaching theory into reality as you “practice coach” in a safe, small-group format and integrate it into your practice over a period of time.
Susan Britton Whitcomb, Founder and President of The Academies, Inc., is a leading authority on coach certification training using a proprietary blend of neuroscience research, behavioral change/performance improvement, and professional coaching competencies. Susan directs a team of 10 thought leaders who have trained and credentialed hundreds of professionals worldwide. Author of 7 books, including the best-selling Resume Magic, Susan is a frequent source for the media (The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, US News & World Report), as well as an in-the-trenches, experienced leadership agility coach who has worked with of professional, management, and executive job seekers during her career. Susan can be contacted at email@example.com.
Several years ago James Beeman was so stressed out from his job that he had a headache every single day from clenching his jaw and grinding his teeth. In fact, the stress of his job kept him up at all hours of the night and began to negatively impact his personal relationships like his new marriage. He was tired, he was miserable, and he began to think that he was hopeless.
James got his personal wakeup call when he ended up in the ER thinking he was having a stroke or a heart attack, because he was taking every conflict at work to heart and because he thought that every problem at work was all his fault.
That’s what it took for him to change – to strike out in a new direction – a new career where he can help people who are miserable at work, find new life and joy. By the way, James wasn’t crazy, when he quit his job, they hired three people to replace him.
In his quest to help hundreds of clients, James earned a Master of Arts in Management & Leadership with a 4.0 and multiple professional coaching and career certifications including the Certified Career Management Coach from Susan Whitcomb’s The Academies, the Professional Coach Certification from the International Coach Federation, and the NeuroPositive® Coach License from the Applied Neuroscience Institute.
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via telephone bridge line for 15 weeks, for 1.5 hours each time. Total class hours are 22.5. The beauty of the 15-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned. It also allows you to connect with your instructor and cluster-mates.
How much time will you spend in addition to class-time hours? Past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for reading preclass material.
If you wish to participate in 1-on-1 training, the program sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and can be compressed into a slightly shorter time frame or stretched to a slightly longer time frame–whatever will work best for your schedule.
No special computer technology is required for the coaching clusters, although it is highly recommended that you have a computer for obtaining email and downloading files. Also, if you don’t already have one, purchase a good quality telephone headset and use a telephone that is not dependent on a battery charge.
CBBSC Final Requirements
- Attendance: Attend 13 of the 15 live class sessions
- Evaluation: At the conclusion of the program, participants will take a short multiple-choice exam. A vast majority of participants who have opted to sit for the credential have passed on the first time.
- Field Work Requirements: There will be a few exercises and short answer questions to complete in conjunction with the short multiple-choice exam.
Upon completion of the above requirements, coaches will receive a display certificate suitable for framing, a listing on The Academies’ Career Coach Academy web site to promote your credentials as a Certified Brain Based Success Coach, and rights to use the CBBSC logo. In addition, the credential also makes you eligible for other opportunities that Career Coach Academy pursues on behalf of CBBSC practitioners.
The Certified Brain Based Success Coach certification is valid for two years. To maintain the CBBSC credential complete one of the two options within the two year period:
- Attend a CBBSC Renewal Webinar
- If it’s been a while since you’ve taken the CBBSC program. Re-enroll as a Refresh & Recharge coach under the discounted “R&R” rate.
Open Cluster Format (4-12 classmates): pricing and registration details please click HERE.
Individual format (one-on-one): pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Private Cohort: pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course, with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $100 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a refund equal to 90% of tuition (if withdrawing before class 3 – note that upon notifying us of withdrawal, we ask you to delete the program handouts website page and any files you have downloaded); no refund available after class 3.
Questions? Contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or at 559.547.8200.