Do you coach leaders and executives?
If so, you probably already know that they face a great deal of stress. Part of our job as coaches is to help calm the leader’s frazzled and fragmented brain so they can refocus on a vision and tap into strengths-based strategies to move forward.
Getting to the Root
Rarely is the root of the problem immediately in front of them. More likely, it’s how they’re addressing the problem. If they are operating from a fight-flight perspective:
- “We’ve gotta get this fixed.”
- “We’ve gotta make our quota.”
- “We’ve gotta make sure our competitor doesn’t out-compete us.”
Research shows that they are robbing themselves of the optimal brain capacity they need to tap into the root of the issue.
The next time you notice executive clients bulldozing through life, creating fight-flight for themselves and the people they lead, create awareness (ICF core competency #8) around which zone they are operating in!
Then proceed to coaching the person, not the problem. In doing so, you invite flourishing and dissipate fight-flight!
|Bonus Brain-Friendly Coaching Question“If you remove the worry from this equation,
how would you approach this differently?”
And if you’d like more support in coaching executives and leaders or are new to the niche, The Academies’ Certified Executive & Leadership Development Coach program starts next week!
- Begins Wednesday, August 12, 2015
- 4pm-6pm ET / 3pm-5pm CT / 2pm-4pm MT / 1pm-3pm PT
- 12 weeks long
- Approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) for 30 Approved Coach-Specific Training Hours (ACSTH)
- Normally $2,897 … Before Friday, August 7th, save $300 with coupon code VIPSAVE300
- Register here: www.theacademies.com/register/#CELDC
Questions? Contact Shelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 659-3769 x 1