Certified Brain-Friendly Job Search Coach Program
A one-of-a-kind program that combines the best in career transition and job search strategies with the latest research in positive psychology, applied neuroscience, and human performance!
Do you coach people who . . .
- Are smart, yet stuck, and caught in the hamster wheel of procrastination, frustration, and hesitation?
- Have encountered life circumstances that forced an unwelcome job change upon them?
- Are overwhelmed with life’s daily demands and can’t find time for their job search?
- Have unrealistic expectations about their marketability and employer hiring practices?
- Feel discouraged that their job search isn’t turning out the way they’d hoped?
Learn Simple Brain-Friendly Coaching Principles
- Red Zone vs Blue Zone – How our brain-body chemistry directly impacts our ability to see possibilities, be decisive, take action, and engage with others.
- Open-Mindedness & Mental Chatter – Research-based tips to help job seekers shift from “fixed” to “open” mindset … and techniques to quiet self-defeating mental chatter.
- Narrative Stories – Exercises to help job seekers write their life story as hero/heroine, able to navigate the twists, turns, and tensions of transition.
- Cognitive Dissonance – how ambivalence and uncertainty affect our thinking … and how to recognize it and coach through it.
Brain-Friendly Career Direction, Networking, and Interviewing Strategies
- Visualization, mindfulness, and other brain-friendly strategies used by Navy SEALS and elite athletes to stay calm, cool, and collected to perform under pressure.
- The brain-based reason behind why jobseekers “freeze” or go “blank” in an interview…and what to do about it.
- Brain-hacks to connect with networking contacts/employers and deepen rapport, trust, and bonds.
WHY THE ACADEMIES
Foundational to becoming a good coach is the ability to master a unique communication style. To become a good coach you must practice with people–asking powerful questions to increase awareness and possibilities, listening interactively to hone in on unearthed truths or client hesitations, guiding the conversation without pushing your agenda or letting the client get sidetracked or derailed, and more.
These skills cannot be mastered in a weekend format (have you ever come back to your office after being at a great conference, only to forget half of what you’ve learned or be too busy to implement the other half?) Nor can coaching be mastered entirely by embarking on self-directed study or reading books (much the same as taking a course on music appreciation does not equip you to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata). The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy 12-week format allows you to turn coaching theory into reality as you “practice coach” in a safe, small-group format and integrate it into your practice over a period of time.
Susan Britton, Founder and President of The Academies, Inc., is a leading authority on coach certification training using a proprietary blend of neuroscience research, behavioral change/performance improvement, and professional coaching competencies. Britton directs a team of 10 thought leaders who have trained and credentialed hundreds of professionals worldwide. Author of 7 books, including the best-selling Resume Magic, Britton is a frequent source for the media (The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, US News &
World Report), as well as an in-the-trenches, experienced leadership agility coach who has worked with of professional, management, and executive job seekers during her career. Susan can be contacted at email@example.com.
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via Zoom for 12 weeks, for 2 hours each time. Total class hours are 30. The beauty of the 12-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned. It also allows you to connect with your instructor and cluster-mates.
How much time will you spend in addition to class-time hours? Past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for reading preclass material. Others report spending additional time implementing new coaching concepts learned in class.
If you wish to participate in 1-on-1 training, the program sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and can be compressed into a slightly shorter time frame or stretched to a slightly longer time frame–whatever will work best for your schedule.
Open Cluster Format (4-12 classmates): pricing and registration details please click HERE.
Individual format (one-on-one): pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Private Cohort: pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Note: Contact Rachel at (559) 547-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and additional pricing options if you are registering two or more participants.
Read More About Our Program Policy And Procedures Here:
No special computer technology is required for the coaching clusters, although it is highly recommended that you have a computer for obtaining email and downloading files. Also, if you don’t already have one, we recommend purchasing a good quality telephone headset. We also recommend using a telephone that is not dependent on a battery charge.
- Attendance: Attend 10 of the 12 live class sessions
- Evaluation: At the conclusion of the program, participants will take a short open-note, open-book multiple-choice exam. A vast majority of participants who have opted to sit for the credential have passed on the first time.
- Mentor Coaching: 5 individual mentor coaching sessions (approximately 1-hour each) can be purchased.
- Mentor coaching is NOT required for individuals who hold an ICF credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC).
- The individual mentor coaching must be completed within 12 weeks after completion of the 12-week CBJSC program. Missed sessions, without 24 hours prior notice, are billed.
- In some instances, additional sessions will be necessary. Your mentor coach will keep you apprised of your progress.
Upon completion of the above requirements, coaches will receive a display certificate suitable for framing, a listing on The Academies’ Career Coach Academy web site to promote your credentials as a Certified Career Management Coach, and rights to use the CCMC logo. In addition, the credential also makes you eligible for other opportunities that Career Coach Academy pursues on behalf of CCMC practitioners.
The Certified Brain-Friendly Job Search Coach certification is valid for two years. To maintain the CBJSC credential, 10 CEUs of coach-specific training (containing ICF core competencies) are required every two years.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course, with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $100 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a refund equal to 90% of tuition (if withdrawing before class 3 – note that upon notifying us of withdrawal, we ask you to delete the program handouts website page and any files you have downloaded); no refund available after class 3.