Job Search Academy offers an engaging learning model that will deepen your competencies and increase your confidence to help job seekers in today’s tough jobs market. Our Job Search Strategist Program is an updated, sophisticated, and systematic program that goes DEEP into best practices for recession-era job search.
What You Can Expect to Learn
What WORKS™ in Job Search – The 5-Part Framework to job search success … the WORKS™ model balances attitude with action around Web2.0 job search strategies:
- 5 Phases of a Speedy Job Search
- 40 Steps to a “Targeted” job search–the foundation of a savvy job search strategy
- 50 Factors for gauging the job seeker’s situation
Job Search Strategies and Tactics:
- Web 2.0 and online tactics
- Assertive tactics to uncover the hidden job market
- Adjusting tried-and-true tactics to work in today’s economy
- Online tools to help job seekers manage today’s social-media driven job search
- Research tools and systems
- 14 mindset roadblocks to networking
- 4 quadrants of networking
- 12 types of networking contacts
- networking forms and tools
- 15 interview misconceptions
- 10 interview mindset road blocks
- Creating opportunities where none existed
- Position proposals
Job Search Case Studies:
- 15+ fascinating case studies of successful job seekers
Pricing, Packaging and Promoting Job Search Coaching Programs:
- Systems, processes and tools
- Third-party alliances for additional revenue streams
Program Materials Included
- “Business-in-a-box” forms and tools you can use immediately with clients
- Comprehensive Resource Binder
- Excerpts from Susan Whitcomb’s award-winning book, Job Search Magic
- Resource Guide you can adapt and share with your clients
- Insider Interviews with Dick Bolles, Susan Whitcomb, Jason Alba, Wendy Enelow, Jack Chapman, Debra Feldman, Diane Burns, Barbara Safani, Elizabeth Craig, and Beverly Harvey
What You’ll Receive
- Time-saving systems to help you effortlessly step your client through the job search process
- Enthusiasm and confidence, knowing you have a proven project-management approach to guide clients through and tips that recruiters use to find candidates
- A thorough understanding of more than 18 job search activities and tactics … and how to combine and use them for different types of job search scenarios
- Techniques to help your clients manage the emotional stages of unemployment and master the mindset needed for a successful search
- Interaction with a vibrant community of like-minded careers professionals to brainstorm solutions and implement best practices
- Hundreds of job search resources to share with your clients, including the latest in online “social search” strategies, as well as current studies, reports, and statistics related to today’s job search
- Dozens of ideas for additional services you can offer clients (including third-party alliances/vendor relationships), as well as strategies for packaging, pricing, and presenting your services
- An experienced thought leader and highly successful job-search strategist as instructor who is committed to your success in the program
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via telephone bridge line for 12 weeks, for 2 hours each week. Total class hours are 24. The beauty of the 12-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice, and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned – in fact, we highly recommend that you work with paying clients while participating in the program because of the value you’ll be able to deliver to them.
No special computer technology is required, although it is highly recommended that you have a computer for downloading the course materials and receiving email. For your comfort, we recommend that you purchase a good quality telephone headset. You may want to use a telephone that is not dependent on a battery charge.
In addition to class-time hours, past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for reading pre-class material. Others report spending additional time implementing new coaching and marketing concepts learned in class (e.g., revising their web site to include job search coaching services; writing value statements to articulate the return-on-investment that job search clients receive; etc.).
Who Would Benefit
Resume writers, career coaches, career advisors, and consultants wanting latest trends and insider secrets on how to conduct a job search, especially those who want to work with mid-level and senior-level executives or professionals.
While the program is primarily geared toward job search in the corporate sector, past students have gained significant value for their clients in not-for-profit, public, and academic fields.
How to Become Certified
At the conclusion of the program, participants who have missed no more than 3 classes may sit for the CJSS Online Learning Review, which involves a short multiple-choice exam. You will also complete 6 hours of self-paced audio learning, as well as a case study. The case study involves co-creating a job-search action plan with the job seeker, providing appropriate resources for the job seeker (from class materials), and coaching the client in getting interviews and job offers. There is no additional fee for the exam. Those passing will receive a listing on the Job Search Academy web site to promote your credentials as a Certified Job Search Strategist, rights to use the CJSS logo and a certificate suitable for framing. To maintain the CJSS credential, every two years you will need to attend an annual update training. Certification requires two years of experience in the careers field.
Early Registration Investment is $2,297. To receive this investment price, you must register at least 3 weeks prior to the class start date. Email Shelly Cantrell at Shelly@theacademies.com for an early-bird coupon code to save $300 off of the full investment of $2,597. If registering less than three weeks in advance, investment is $2,597.
Monthly installment options include 4 monthly payments of $674 (first installment due at least three weeks in advance of course start date) – email Shelly Cantrell at Shelly@theacademies.com for an early-bird coupon code to save $300 off your first payment. For monthly installments when registering less than three weeks in advance of start date, call for details. Register here.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course, with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $100 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a refund equal to 90% of tuition paid when withdrawing before class 3 (note that upon notifying us of withdrawal, you must delete the program handouts website page and any files you may have had access to download). The difference covers processing charges and administration time and is NON-NEGOTIABLE. If making monthly payments that need to be discontinued, you must notify us at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled payment to discontinue payments in order for sufficient time to alert the credit card processing company. No refund available after class 3.
Your ROI (Return-on-Investment) is Three-Fold:
- Essential job search knowledge that will enable you to confidently support clients in orchestrating a successful search
- More than a dozen contemporary and customary job search strategies and tactics that have helped thousands accelerate their search and win new positions
- Proven marketing systems to structure your services, attract new clients, and develop a stellar reputation as a proficient provider of job search services.
We hope this information is helpful and, of course, we encourage you to participate in training that will increase your knowledge of job search coaching, boost your confidence in marketing and providing these services, and be of value to the clients you serve. We’d love to have you join us in the next program!
For more information, contact Shelly Cantrell - Shelly@theacademies.com or 877.659.3769 x 1