Certified Brain-Friendly Job Search Coach Program
A one-of-a-kind program that combines the best in career transition and job search strategies with the latest research in positive psychology, applied neuroscience, and human performance!
Do you coach people who . . .
- Are smart, yet stuck, and caught in the hamster wheel of procrastination, frustration, and hesitation?
- Have encountered life circumstances that forced an unwelcome job change upon them?
- Are overwhelmed with life’s daily demands and can’t find time for their job search?
- Have unrealistic expectations about their marketability and employer hiring practices?
- Feel discouraged that their job search isn’t turning out the way they’d hoped?
Learn Simple Brain-Friendly Coaching Principles
- Red Zone vs Blue Zone – How our brain-body chemistry directly impacts our ability to see possibilities, be decisive, take action, and engage with others.
- Open-Mindedness & Mental Chatter – Research-based tips to help job seekers shift from “fixed” to “open” mindset … and techniques to quiet self-defeating mental chatter.
- Narrative Stories – Exercises to help job seekers write their life story as hero/heroine, able to navigate the twists, turns, and tensions of transition.
- Cognitive Dissonance – how ambivalence and uncertainty affect our thinking … and how to recognize it and coach through it.
Brain-Friendly Career Direction, Networking, and Interviewing Strategies
- Visualization, mindfulness, and other brain-friendly strategies used by Navy SEALS and elite athletes to stay calm, cool, and collected to perform under pressure.
- The brain-based reason behind why jobseekers “freeze” or go “blank” in an interview…and what to do about it.
- Brain-hacks to connect with networking contacts/employers and deepen rapport, trust, and bonds.
WHY THE ACADEMIES
Foundational to becoming a good coach is the ability to master a unique communication style. To become a good coach you must practice with people–asking powerful questions to increase awareness and possibilities, listening interactively to hone in on unearthed truths or client hesitations, guiding the conversation without pushing your agenda or letting the client get sidetracked or derailed, and more.
These skills cannot be mastered in a weekend format (have you ever come back to your office after being at a great conference, only to forget half of what you’ve learned or be too busy to implement the other half?) Nor can coaching be mastered entirely by embarking on self-directed study or reading books (much the same as taking a course on music appreciation does not equip you to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata). The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy 12-week format allows you to turn coaching theory into reality as you “practice coach” in a safe, small-group format and integrate it into your practice over a period of time.
NOTE: Through December 31, 2020, we will offer a “Fast-Track” CBJSC program due to the change in ICF guidelines. The course will continue to be a 30-hour program certified at the ACSTH level that will last 9 weeks.
Susan Britton, Founder and President of The Academies, Inc., is a leading authority on coach certification training using a proprietary blend of neuroscience research, behavioral change/performance improvement, and professional coaching competencies. Britton directs a team of 10 thought leaders who have trained and credentialed hundreds of professionals worldwide. Author of 7 books, including the best-selling Resume Magic, Britton is a frequent source for the media (The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, US News &
World Report), as well as an in-the-trenches, experienced leadership agility coach who has worked with of professional, management, and executive job seekers during her career. Susan can be contacted at email@example.com.
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via Zoom for 9 weeks*, for 2 hours each time. Total class hours are 30. The beauty of the 9-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned. It also allows you to connect with your instructor and cluster-mates.
How much time will you spend in addition to class-time hours? You will spend at least one hour each week on post-class work throughout the program. Past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for reading preclass material. Others report spending additional time implementing new coaching concepts learned in class.
If you wish to participate in 1-on-1 training, the program sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and can be compressed into a slightly shorter time frame or stretched to a slightly longer time frame–whatever will work best for your schedule.
*This program has been shortened from 12 to 9 weeks in an accordance with the new ICF policy that changes the synchoronous/asynchronous requirement from 80/20 to 50/50. This policy expires on 12/31/20 and the class will revert back to the original 12 week program with previous pricing.
Open Cluster Format (4-12 classmates): pricing and registration details please click HERE.
Individual format (one-on-one): pricing and registration details please contact Rebecca Potts at Rebecca@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Private Cohort: pricing and registration details please contact Rebecca Potts at Rebecca@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Note: Contact Rebecca at 559.547.8200 or Rebecca@theacademies.com for more information and additional pricing options if you are registering two or more participants.
Read More About Our Program Policy And Procedures Here:
We use Zoom technology for all of our classes. We highly recommend that you have access to a laptop or computer in order to download files and to download the Zoom app and test it 48 hours prior to your first class.
- Attendance: Attend 8 of the 9 live class sessions
- Evaluation: At the conclusion of the program, participants will take a short open-note, open-book multiple-choice exam. A vast majority of participants who have opted to sit for the credential have passed on the first time.
- Mentor Coaching: 5 group mentor coaching sessions (approximately 1-hour each in dyads or triads) can be purchased.
- Mentor coaching is NOT required for individuals who hold an ICF credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC).
- The mentor coaching must be completed within 12 weeks after completion of the 9-week CBJSC program. Missed sessions, without 24 hours prior notice, are billed.
- In some instances, additional sessions will be necessary. Your mentor coach will keep you apprised of your progress.
Upon completion of the above requirements, coaches will receive a display certificate suitable for framing, a listing on The Academies’ Career Coach Academy web site to promote your credentials as a Certified Brain-Friendly Job Search Coach, and rights to use the CBJSC logo.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course, with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $100 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a refund equal to 90% of tuition (if withdrawing before class 3 – note that upon notifying us of withdrawal, we ask you to delete the program handouts website page and any files you have downloaded); no refund available after class 3.