CERTIFIED EXECUTIVE & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COACH PROGRAM
Are you interested in tapping the lucrative market of executive coaching?
Do you want to help executives and aspiring leaders to . . .
- Lead with vision?
- Manage with wisdom?
- Develop their people by honoring their strengths, aspirations, and humanity?
- Impact the company’s bottom-line without burning out or burning bridges?
In today’s business culture, organizations are stretched to “do more with less.” This mandate can produce pressure and stress, which is felt not only by the executive/leadership client but by those he or she leads and manages. Coaching shifts people from a “problem state” or a “status quo mentality” into a “possibility perspective” where awareness, curious exploration, the power of choice, and intentional action lead to the claiming of new territory for the client and increased productivity and profitability for the client company.
The Certified Executive & Leadership Development Coach will equip you to confidently coach on executive/leadership topics, such as leadership models/competencies, vision/mission/values, personal branding, leadership presence, emotional intelligence, leadership essentials, delegation, employee engagement, and team-building. Over the 12-week program you will receive ICF core competency training, leadership essentials, and hands-on coaching experience.
ICF Approval: This 30-hour program of Core Competency Training is approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a part of our Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP), Cluster Or Individual Training.
THE ROI OF COACHING
Studies over a number of years have repeatedly underscored the effectiveness of coaching:
- A 2009 International Coach Federation (ICF) Global Coaching Client Student conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, reported the median coaching ROI to be 700%.
- A study of the business impact of executive coaching noted a 689% ROI
- Three stock portfolios comprised only of companies that spend aggressively on employee development each outperformed the S&P 500 by 17-35%. (How’s Your Return on People? Harvard Business Review, Laurie Bassi and Daniel McMurrer, 2004)
- According to a study of senior level executives at Fortune 1000 companies who received developmental coaching, the average return from the programs was nearly 5.7 times the initial investment. (Maximizing the Impact of Executive Coaching, The Manchester Review)
WHY THE ACADEMIES
Foundational to becoming a good coach is the ability to master a unique communication style. To become a good coach you must practice with people–asking powerful questions to increase awareness and possibilities, listening interactively to hone in on unearthed truths or client hesitations, guiding the conversation without pushing your agenda or letting the client get sidetracked or derailed, and more.
These skills cannot be mastered in a weekend format (have you ever come back to your office after being at a great conference, only to forget half of what you’ve learned or be too busy to implement the other half?) Nor can coaching be mastered entirely by embarking on self-directed study or reading books (much the same as taking a course on music appreciation does not equip you to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata). The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy 12-week format allows you to turn coaching theory into reality as you “practice coach” in a safe, small-group format and integrate it into your practice over a period of time.
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via Zoom for 12 weeks, for 2 hours each time. Total class hours are 24. The beauty of the 12-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned. It also allows you to connect with your instructor and cluster-mates.
How much time will you spend in addition to class-time hours? Past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for classroom tasks and buddy coaching.
If you wish to participate in 1-on-1 training, the program sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and can be compressed into a slightly shorter time frame or stretched to a slightly longer time frame–whatever will work best for your schedule.
Open Cluster Format (4-12 classmates): pricing and registration details please click HERE.
Individual format (one-on-one): pricing and registration details please contact Rebecca Potts at Rebecca@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Private Cohort: pricing and registration details please contact Rebecca Potts at Rebecca@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Read More About Our Program Policies And Requirements Here:
We use Zoom technology for all of our classes. We highly recommend that you have access to a laptop or computer in order to download files and to download the Zoom app and test it 48 hours prior to your first class.
- Attendance: Attend 10 of the 12 live class sessions
- Vimify: At the conclusion of the program, participants will be required to finish Vimify (online classroom) tasks with an 80% or more within 10 days of the conclusion of the program. Your classroom tasks will include one hour of buddy coaching on the even weeks of class along with short daily tasks each odd week for a total of one hour of tasks per week. If the 80% is not met, the coach will be issued a Certificate of Completion for the course in place of the credential.
- Client Coaching Log: All coaches are required to submit a coaching log recording 10 hours of coaching throughout the program within four weeks of the conclusion of the program. Your buddy coaching hours count towards this log. It is recommended that you start coaching a leadership client after week 6.
- Individual Mentor Coaching: 2 group mentor coaching sessions with Stacy Duhon are included in the price of the program. Mentor coaching sessions are in groups of two or three and about an hour each.
- 3 additional mentor coaching sessions are required if you have not taken mentor coaching with us before OR if you do not hold an ICF credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC).
- The additional three mentor coaching sessions will be held with Susan Britton, PCC, Founder and CEO of the Academies.
- All mentor coaching must be completed within 12 weeks after completion of the 12-week CELDC program. Missed sessions, without 24 hours prior notice, are billed.
Upon completion of the above requirements, coaches will receive a display certificate suitable for framing and rights to use the CELDC logo. In addition, the credential also makes you eligible for other opportunities that The Academies, Inc. pursues on behalf of CELDC practitioners.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course, with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $100 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a refund equal to 90% of tuition (if withdrawing before class 3 – note that upon notifying us of withdrawal, we ask you to delete the program handouts website page and any files you have downloaded); no refund available after class 3.