Google’s big data has finally uncovered THE KEY to increasing capacity … and now you can use it to coach your clients!
The good news? The key to increasing capacity is not determined by high IQ (or even EQ), nor is it an Ivy League degree, nor a person’s level of experience, endowment, or efficiency.
When it comes to increasing capacity for “doing more with less,” big data is pointing us to some basic biological, behavioral, and environmental factors … factors that we can learn to control.
The new Certified Capacity Growth Coach from The Academies is designed to leverage the latest findings about human potential! Equip yourself and your clients with:
- A Sustainable Process: Learn coaching strategies, models, and exercises that will move the needle forward on capacity—whether organizational, entrepreneurial, team, or individual capacity.
- Mindset Mastery: Grow your client’s “Builder Brain” and tame the “Bully Brain” with practical, fun, neuroscience-based tools.
- Fireproof Resilience: Imagine a “new normal” where disappointments and difficulties are met with a buoyant mindset… where we can live above, and not under, the circumstances.
- Basic Brain Science: Understand what makes the brain and body feel safe, calm, and confident… and therefore willing to be open-minded, vulnerable, stretch, and grow.
- Connector/Creator Agility: Broaden your clients’ “connector” acuity (even among introverts, individual contributors, or independent superstars) to create allies with coworkers, customers…just about anyone!
Finally, build “creator” muscles, with the confidence, clarity, and contagion to influence organizational vision/employee engagement, viable products/services, efficient logistics/systems, or whatever is important for your clients’ success.
Why The Academies?
Foundational to becoming a good coach is the ability to master a unique communication style. To become a good coach you must practice with people–asking powerful questions to increase awareness and possibilities, listening interactively to hone in on unearthed truths or client hesitations, guiding the conversation without pushing your agenda or letting the client get sidetracked or derailed, and more.
These skills cannot be mastered in a weekend format (have you ever come back to your office after being at a great conference, only to forget half of what you’ve learned or be too busy to implement the other half?) Nor can coaching be mastered entirely by embarking on self-directed study or reading books (much the same as taking a course on music appreciation does not equip you to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata). The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy 15-week format allows you to turn coaching theory into reality as you “practice coach” in a safe, small-group format and integrate it into your practice over a period of time.
The instructor for the program is Susan Britton Whitcomb, PCC.
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via Zoom video conference for 15 weeks, for 2 hours each time. Total class hours are 30. The beauty of the 15-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned. It also allows you to connect with your instructor and cluster-mates.
How much time will you spend in addition to class-time hours? Past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for reading preclass material. Others report spending additional time implementing new coaching and marketing concepts learned in class (e.g., revising their web site to include coaching services; writing value statements to articulate the return-on-investment that coaching clients receive; setting aside “think” time to envision the direction they’d like to take their business, etc.).
If you wish to participate in 1-on-1 training, the program sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and can be compressed into a slightly shorter time frame or stretched to a slightly longer time frame–whatever will work best for your schedule.
No special computer technology is required for the coaching clusters, although it is highly recommended that you have a computer for obtaining email and downloading files. Also, if you don’t already have one, purchase a good quality telephone headset and use a telephone that is not dependent on a battery charge.
CCGC Final Requirements
- Attendance: Attend 13 of the 15 live class sessions
- Evaluation: At the conclusion of the program, participants will take a short multiple-choice exam. A vast majority of participants who have opted to sit for the credential have passed on the first time.
- Group Mentor Coaching: 2 mentor coaching sessions are included in the price of the program. Mentor coaching sessions are in groups of two or three and about an hour each. Susan Britton Whitcomb, PCC will be the mentor coach.
- 3 additional individual mentor coaching sessions are available for purchase if you are pursuing an ICF credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC)
- Individual mentor coaching must be completed within 12 weeks after completion of the 12-week Capacity program. Missed sessions, without 24 hours prior notice, are billed.
Upon completion of the above requirements, coaches will receive a display certificate suitable for framing, a listing on The Academies’ Career Coach Academy web site to promote your credentials as a Certified Capacity Growth Coach, and rights to use the CCGC logo.
Open Cluster Format (4-12 classmates): pricing and registration details please click HERE.
Individual format (one-on-one): pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Private Cohort: pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course, with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $100 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a refund equal to 90% of tuition (if withdrawing before class 3 – note that upon notifying us of withdrawal, we ask you to delete the program handouts website page and any files you have downloaded); no refund available after class 3.
For more information, contact Rachel Grima- firstname.lastname@example.org
“You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” — Woodrow Wilson