Expression of Belonging
A Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Statement
At The Academies, we are dedicated to cultivating environments of safety and belonging. We believe in a world where every interaction is encouraging, life-giving, respectful, and appreciative. We acknowledge both our uniqueness and our interdependence, understanding that what impacts one impacts us all; that we are One.
Learning & Growth
In acknowledging our interdependence, we also recognize our cognitive biases, both conscious and unconscious. We strive to learn and create awareness around our unconscious biases, express curiosity about the lived experiences of others, and understand that “everyone is right,” based on who they are, what they want, and what they know (Seth Godin).
Diversity & Safety
We intentionally celebrate diversity and create spaces of psychological safety through our coaching education. We show up authentically and cultivate trust and safety by:
- Acknowledging and respecting each person’s uniqueness,
- Seeking to understand individual context and lived experiences,
- Committing to learn and understand that which we do not yet understand,
- Demonstrating interest and respect in personal and cultural identity, experiences, values, and beliefs,
- Showing up authentically through our own lived experiences, and
- Embodying a personal sense of psychological safety so that we may extend that safety to others.
Equity & Inclusion
We provide consistent and quality training to each individual with regard to their mental models and respect for their lived experiences, inclusive and accommodating of their race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, language, education, neurodiversity, mental or physical ability, socioeconomic status, and other diverse backgrounds.
We invite conversation and feedback around diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at The Academies, choosing to live with humility and empathy as we learn, change, and grow.