Certified Career Management Coach Program
- Core Competencies – Gain a solid understanding of the core coaching competencies and learn how to leverage each one to the fullest potential. These core competencies are integral, and a successful coach will lean on them in every conversation.
- Coaching, What It Is And Isn’t – Learn what coaching is and what it’s not. Coaches are not advisors, therapists, or experts in their clients’ lives. Rather, coaches believe that
the client has the wisdom and answers, and the coach partners with them asking powerful questions and using direct communication to help them reach new “aha” moments.
- Philosophy to Practicality – With repetition and routinization comes lasting change. Role-play new concepts each week in class and walk away from the program with over 20 forms containing assessments, exercises, and more to use with clients.
The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy program is packed with rich content, providing coaching competencies and career management principles, tools, forms, and strategies that you’ll need to serve clients. For instance, program sessions include these topics:
- Visioning, Career Coaching: 10 Truths Visioning Exercise; Career Paradise Exercise; Vision, Value, Vigor
- Coaching: Competencies, Essentials & Differences between Coaching, Consulting & Counseling
- 10 Keys to 21st Century Career Management: 3 Principles & 10 Keys
- Structure of a Coaching Call: 3-part process to a coaching call, with Agenda, Awareness, and Action.
- Master F.I.T. (External F.I.T.=Function, Industry/Interest, Things That Matter … Internal F.I.T.=Fulfillment, Identity, Type)
- Career Assessments: Interest Inventory. Differences between debriefing assessments from the coach-approach vs. a consulting or counseling approach.
- Career Assessments: Type/Temperament. Coach awareness of own Type and how it impacts your coaching, as well as awareness of client’s type and how to best coach different types.
- Assessment: Purpose/Values. Coaching clients to create a compelling purpose statement. How values impact career choice and career management.
- Career Reconnaissance: 10 Steps to Conducting Initial “Career Reconnaissance” session with a career explorer
- Brainstorming & Exploration Strategies: Brainstorming Exercises; 5 Steps to Exploration and Decision/Commitment
- Career Branding: The 3 A’s of Branding—Authentic Image; Advantages; Awareness
- Networking: Uncovering networking roadblocks, coaching techniques to support networking, four types of networking contacts
- Job Search | Resume | Interviewing: Highlights of Coaching Clients through Job Search and Interviewing
- Promotable People: 10 Characteristics of Promotable People
- Career Coach Marketing: Strategies to Market Your Career Coaching Business
ICF Approval: This 30-hour program of Core Competency Training is approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a part of our Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP)!
WHY THE ACADEMIES
Foundational to becoming a good coach is the ability to master a unique communication style. To become a good coach you must practice with people–asking powerful questions to increase awareness and possibilities, listening interactively to hone in on unearthed truths or client hesitations, guiding the conversation without pushing your agenda or letting the client get sidetracked or derailed, and more.
These skills cannot be mastered in a weekend format (have you ever come back to your office after being at a great conference, only to forget half of what you’ve learned or be too busy to implement the other half?) Nor can coaching be mastered entirely by embarking on self-directed study or reading books (much the same as taking a course on music appreciation does not equip you to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata). The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy 12-week format allows you to turn coaching theory into reality as you “practice coach” in a safe, small-group format and integrate it into your practice over a period of time.
Katherine (Kit) Prendergast brings a wonderful energy, spirit and focus to her work. Kit is a PCC credentialed coach with the International Coach Federation (ICF), a Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC), a Certified Life Coach (CLC), and a certified Life Blueprint® Facilitator for the “Now What?™” coaching program. She is also a certified Myers Briggs Inventory Instructor, holds a Master’s degree in social work (MSW) and was previously licensed as a clinical social worker (LCSW) in three states. Kit also lived in Norway for six years where she established a successful training business specializing in cross-cultural transitions.
Kit is the owner of Career Connections of Sierra Nevada – www.CareerConnectionsSN.com (estab. 2000) located near the Truckee River in downtown Reno, Nevada. She welcomes coaching and training clients throughout the state, nationally and internationally.
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via telephone bridge line for 15 weeks, for 2 hours each time. Total class hours are 30. The beauty of the 15-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned. It also allows you to connect with your instructor and cluster-mates.
How much time will you spend in addition to class-time hours? Past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for reading preclass material. Others report spending additional time implementing new coaching and marketing concepts learned in class (e.g., revising their web site to include coaching services; writing value statements to articulate the return-on-investment that coaching clients receive; setting aside “think” time to envision the direction they’d like to take their business, etc.).
If you wish to participate in 1-on-1 training, the program sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and can be compressed into a slightly shorter time frame or stretched to a slightly longer time frame–whatever will work best for your schedule.
Open Cohort Format: A group of 4-12 classmates; pricing and registration details please click HERE.
Individual Format (one-on-one): pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Private Cohort: pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Note: Contact Rachel at (559) 547-8200 or email@example.com for more information and additional pricing options if you are registering two or more participants
Read More About Our Program Policy And Procedures Here:
Required for the course is the “Co-Active Coaching” (4th edition) by Henry Kimsey-House, et al.
The first reading assignment from this book starts with Week 1. Should you wish to purchase through Amazon, this link will take you directly to the book at Amazon: here.
No special computer technology is required for the coaching clusters, although it is highly recommended that you have a computer for obtaining email and downloading files. Also, if you don’t already have one, we recommend purchasing a good quality telephone headset. We also recommend using a telephone that is not dependent on a battery charge.
- Attendance: Attend 13 of the 15 live class sessions
- Evaluation: At the conclusion of the program, participants will take a short open-note, open-book multiple-choice exam. A vast majority of participants who have opted to sit for the credential have passed on the first time.
- Mentor Coaching: 5 individual mentor coaching sessions (approximately 1-hour each) are included in the cost of the program.
- Mentor coaching is NOT required for individuals who hold an ICF credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC).
- The individual mentor coaching must be completed within 12 weeks after completion of the 15-week CCMC program. Missed sessions, without 24 hours prior notice, are billed.
- In some instances, additional sessions will be necessary. Your mentor coach will keep you apprised of your progress.
Upon completion of the above requirements, coaches will receive a display certificate suitable for framing, a listing on The Academies’ Career Coach Academy web site to promote your credentials as a Certified Career Management Coach, and rights to use the CCMC logo. In addition, the credential also makes you eligible for other opportunities that Career Coach Academy pursues on behalf of CCMC practitioners.
The Certified Career Management Coach certification is valid for two years. To maintain the CCMC credential, 10 CEUs of coach-specific training (containing ICF core competencies) are required every two years.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course, with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $100 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a refund equal to 90% of tuition (if withdrawing before class 3 – note that upon notifying us of withdrawal, we ask you to delete the program handouts website page and any files you have downloaded); no refund available after class 3.