ICF Approval: This 30-hour program of Core Competency Training is approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a part of our Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP)!
The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy offers an innovative learning model that provides you with a unique opportunity to receive live, small-group training to be able to use:
- powerful coaching techniques to jumpstart and motivate clients,
- insider secrets for career management in this changing economy, and
- for entrepreneurs, proven practice-building strategies to attract your “choice” client … for career center professionals, techniques to help your clients understand the value of the services you offer so that they will “buy-in” with greater commitment and involvement.
The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy program is packed with rich content, providing coaching competencies and career management principles, tools, forms, and strategies that you’ll need to serve clients. For instance, program sessions include these topics:
- Visioning, Career Coaching:10 Truths Visioning Exercise; Career Paradise Exercise; Vision, Value, Vigor
- Coaching: Competencies, Essentials & Differences between Coaching, Consulting & Counseling
- 10 Keys to 21st Century Career Management: 3 Principles & 10 Keys
- Structure of a Coaching Call: 3-part process to a coaching call, with Agenda, Awareness, and Action.
- Master F.I.T. (External F.I.T.=Function, Industry/Interest, Things That Matter … Internal F.I.T.=Fulfillment, Identity, Type)
- Career Assessments: Interest Inventory. Differences between debriefing assessments from the coach-approach vs. a consulting or counseling approach.
- Career Assessments: Type/Temperament. Coach awareness of own Type and how it impacts your coaching, as well as awareness of client’s type and how to best coach different types.
- Assessment: Purpose/Values. Coaching clients to create a compelling purpose statement. How values impact career choice and career management.
- Career Reconnaissance: 10 Steps to Conducting Initial “Career Reconnaissance” session with a career explorer
- Brainstorming & Exploration Strategies: Brainstorming Exercises; 5 Steps to Exploration and Decision/Commitment
- Career Branding: The 3 A’s of Branding—Authentic Image; Advantages; Awareness
- Networking: Uncovering networking roadblocks, coaching techniques to support networking, four types of networking contacts
- Job Search | Resume | Interviewing: Highlights of Coaching Clients through Job Search and Interviewing
- Promotable People: 10 Characteristics of Promotable People
- Career Coach Marketing: Strategies to Market Your Career Coaching Business
Why The Academies?
Foundational to becoming a good coach is the ability to master a unique communication style. To become a good coach you must practice with people–asking powerful questions to increase awareness and possibilities, listening interactively to hone in on unearthed truths or client hesitations, guiding the conversation without pushing your agenda or letting the client get sidetracked or derailed, and more.
These skills cannot be mastered in a weekend format (have you ever come back to your office after being at a great conference, only to forget half of what you’ve learned or be too busy to implement the other half?) Nor can coaching be mastered entirely by embarking on self-directed study or reading books (much the same as taking a course on music appreciation does not equip you to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata). The Academies, Inc. | Career Coach Academy 15-week format allows you to turn coaching theory into reality as you “practice coach” in a safe, small-group format and integrate it into your practice over a period of time.
Your Return-on-Investment is three-fold:
- Foundational coaching competencies that will enable you to motivate yourself, your clients, and everyone around you.
- Savvy career management strategies that have helped thousands move forward faster in their careers.
- Proven business management and marketing systems to structure your services, attract new clients, and develop a reputation as a performance-based provider of career management services.
We hope this information is helpful and, of course, we encourage you to participate in training that will increase your knowledge of career coaching, boost your confidence in marketing and providing these services, and be of value to the clients you serve. We’d love to have you join us in the next program!
The instructor for the program is Kit Prendergast, PCC. Susan Whitcomb, PCC will complete the mentor coaching.
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via telephone bridge line for 15 weeks, for 2 hours each time. Total class hours are 30. The beauty of the 15-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned. It also allows you to connect with your instructor and cluster-mates.
How much time will you spend in addition to class-time hours? Past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for reading preclass material. Others report spending additional time implementing new coaching and marketing concepts learned in class (e.g., revising their web site to include coaching services; writing value statements to articulate the return-on-investment that coaching clients receive; setting aside “think” time to envision the direction they’d like to take their business, etc.).
If you wish to participate in 1-on-1 training, the program sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and can be compressed into a slightly shorter time frame or stretched to a slightly longer time frame–whatever will work best for your schedule.
No special computer technology is required for the coaching clusters, although it is highly recommended that you have a computer for obtaining email and downloading files. Also, if you don’t already have one, purchase a good quality telephone headset and use a telephone that is not dependent on a battery charge.
The Certified Career Management Coach program has been approved by the International Coach Federation as an Approved Coach Specific Training Hours Program (ACSTH) for 30 hours of training.
CCMC Final Requirements
- Attendance: Attend 13 of the 15 live class sessions
- Evaluation: At the conclusion of the program, participants will take a short multiple-choice exam. A vast majority of participants who have opted to sit for the credential have passed on the first time.
- Mentor Coaching: 5 individual mentor coaching sessions (approximately 1-hour each) are included in the cost of the program.
- Mentor coaching is NOT required for individuals who hold an ICF credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC).
- The individual mentor coaching must be completed within 12 weeks after completion of the 15-week CCMC program. Missed sessions, without 24 hours prior notice, are billed.
- In some instances, additional sessions will be necessary. Your mentor coach will keep you apprised of your progress.
Upon completion of the above requirements, coaches will receive a display certificate suitable for framing, a listing on The Academies’ Career Coach Academy web site to promote your credentials as a Certified Career Management Coach, and rights to use the CCMC logo. In addition, the credential also makes you eligible for other opportunities that Career Coach Academy pursues on behalf of CCMC practitioners.
The Certified Career Management Coach certification is valid for two years. To maintain the CCMC credential, 10 CEUs of coach-specific training (containing ICF core competencies) are required every two years.
Open Cluster Format (4-12 classmates): pricing and registration details please click HERE.
Individual format (one-on-one): pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Private Cohort: pricing and registration details please contact Rachel Grima at Rachel@theacademies.com or 559.547.8200.
Also required for the course is the “Co-Active Coaching” (3rd edition) by Henry Kimsey-House, et al.
The first reading assignment from this book starts with Week 1. Should you wish to purchase through Amazon, this link will take you directly to the book at Amazon: here.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course, with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $100 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a refund equal to 90% of tuition (if withdrawing before class 3 – note that upon notifying us of withdrawal, we ask you to delete the program handouts website page and any files you have downloaded); no refund available after class 3.
For more information, contact Rachel Grima- email@example.com
“You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” — Woodrow Wilson