Are you interested in tapping the lucrative market of executive coaching?
Do you want to help executives and aspiring leaders to . . .
- Lead with vision?
- Manage with wisdom?
- Develop their people by honoring their strengths, aspirations, and humanity?
- Impact the company’s bottom-line without burning out or burning bridges?
In today’s business culture, organizations are stretched to “do more with less.” This mandate can produce pressure and stress, which is felt not only by the executive/leadership client but by those he or she leads and manages. Coaching shifts people from a “problem state” or a “status quo mentality” into a “possibility perspective” where awareness, curious exploration, the power of choice, and intentional action lead to the claiming of new territory for the client and increased productivity and profitability for the client company.
The Certified Executive & Leadership Development Coach will equip you to confidently coach on executive/leadership topics, such as leadership models/competencies, vision/mission/values, personal branding, leadership presence, emotional intelligence, leadership essentials, delegation, employee engagement, and team-building. Over the 12-week program you will receive ICF core competency training, leadership essentials, and hands-on coaching experience.
ICF Approval: This 33-hour program of Core Competency Training is approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a part of our Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP), Cluster Or Individual Training.
The ROI of Coaching
Studies over a number of years have repeatedly underscored the effectiveness of coaching:
- A 2009 International Coach Federation (ICF) Global Coaching Client Student conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, reported the median coaching ROI to be 700%.
- A study of the business impact of executive coaching noted a 689% ROI
- Three stock portfolios comprised only of companies that spend aggressively on employee development each outperformed the S&P 500 by 17-35%. (How’s Your Return on People? Harvard Business Review, Laurie Bassi and Daniel McMurrer, 2004)
- According to a study of senior level executives at Fortune 1000 companies who received developmental coaching, the average return from the programs was nearly 5.7 times the initial investment. (Maximizing the Impact of Executive Coaching, The Manchester Review)
Individual Mentor Coaching Requirement
For individuals who wish to complete the CELDC certification, there is also a requirement of 5 mentor coaching calls (approximately 1-hour each) to focus on developing leadership coaching competencies.
- 3 additional mentor coaching sessions are NOT required for individuals who hold an ICF credential (ACC, PCC or MCC) OR have already completed 5 hours of mentor coaching when taking The Academies’ Certified Career Management Coach program.
- The individual mentor coaching must be completed within 8 weeks after completion of the 12-week CELDC program in order to qualify for your credential. Missed sessions, without 24 hours prior notice, are billed.
- For those who are working towards earning an ICF credential, there is a 10 hour mentor coaching requirement at each credential level. Please see the mentor coaching page for more information or email email@example.com.
Susan Britton Whitcomb, Founder and President of The Academies, Inc., is a leading authority on coach certification training using a proprietary blend of neuroscience research, behavioral change/performance improvement, and professional coaching competencies. Whitcomb directs a team of 10 thought leaders who have trained and credentialed hundreds of professionals worldwide. Author of 7 books, including the best-selling Resume Magic, Whitcomb is a frequent source for the media (The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, US News & World Report), as well as an in-the-trenches, experienced leadership agility coach who has worked with of professional, management, and executive job seekers during her career. Susan can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No special computer technology is required for the coaching clusters, although it is highly recommended that you have a computer for obtaining email and sharing files. Also, if you don’t already have one, purchase a good quality telephone headset and use a telephone that is not dependent on a battery charge.
(Minimum class size of 5, maximum of 10-12)