Certified Brain-Friendly Job Search Coach Program
A one-of-a-kind program that combines the best in career transition and job search strategies with the latest research in positive psychology, applied neuroscience, and human performance!
Do you coach people who . . .
- Are smart, yet stuck, and caught in the hamster wheel of procrastination, frustration, and hesitation?
- Have encountered life circumstances that forced an unwelcome job change upon them?
- Are overwhelmed with life’s daily demands and can’t find time for their job search?
- Have unrealistic expectations about their marketability and employer hiring practices?
- Feel discouraged that their job search isn’t turning out the way they’d hoped?
LEARN SIMPLE BRAIN-FRIENDLY COACHING PRINCIPLES
- Red Zone vs Blue Zone – How our brain-body chemistry directly impacts our ability to see possibilities, be decisive, take action, and engage with others.
- Open-Mindedness & Mental Chatter – Research-based tips to help job seekers shift from “fixed” to “open” mindset … and techniques to quiet self-defeating mental chatter.
- Narrative Stories – Exercises to help job seekers write their life story as hero/heroine, able to navigate the twists, turns, and tensions of transition.
- Cognitive Dissonance – how ambivalence and uncertainty affect our thinking … and how to recognize it and coach through it.
BRAIN-FRIENDLY CAREER DIRECTION, NETWORKING, AND INTERVIEWING STRATEGIES
- Visualization, mindfulness, and other brain-friendly strategies used by Navy SEALS and elite athletes to stay calm, cool, and collected to perform under pressure.
- The brain-based reason behind why jobseekers “freeze” or go “blank” in an interview…and what to do about it.
- Brain-hacks to connect with networking contacts/employers and deepen rapport, trust, and bonds.
ICF Approval: This 30-hour program of Core Competency Training is approved as an ACSTH program by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a part of The Academies’ Accredited Coach Training Program (ICF ACTP).
why the academies
Neuroscience: We’ve been training coaches for 20+ years, and we’ve spent the better part of our last 10 years gobbling up the latest research on neuroscience. Translating neuroscience findings into easy-to-implement coaching techniques is our passion. When you marry coaching techniques with mind-body biology, you have a much better chance of supporting your clients to make lasting change (they’ll thank you for it)!
Mission: We’re on a mission to “Change Minds, For Good” (starting with our own)! We believe respectful relationships and authentic conversations are the incubator for insight, action, and lasting change. We believe that every brain is wired for growth and capable of choosing well. We stand for growing our individual and collective capacity to feel good, think good, encounter good, and create good. If this resonates with you, you’re in the right place.
More on the brain: Our certification programs are intentionally structured to extend over several months’ time. That’s because new skills cannot be mastered in a weekend format (have you ever come back to your office after being at a great conference, only to forget half of what you’ve learned or be too busy to implement the other half?) Nor can coaching be mastered entirely by embarking on self-directed study or reading books (much the same as taking a course on music appreciation does not equip one to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata).
To learn effectively, the brain needs good “P.R.”—Positivity and Routinization:
- We make learning fun (you’ll remember more),
- We pride ourselves on creating psychologically safe learning environments (you’ll feel confident to take more risks), and
- We create opportunities to practice coaching over time (you’ll build “muscle memory” that lasts).
We “meet” from the comfort of home/office via Zoom for 12 weeks, for 2 hours each time. Total class hours are 30. The beauty of the 12-week program allows you the time and framework to assimilate, practice and execute the new systems, strategies, and communication styles learned. It also allows you to connect with your instructor and cluster-mates.
How much time will you spend in addition to class-time hours? You will spend at least one hour each week on post-class work throughout the program. Past participants indicate spending between one to two hours each week for reading preclass material and completing classroom tasks. Others report spending additional time implementing new coaching concepts learned in class.
If you wish to participate in 1-on-1 training, the program sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and can be compressed into a slightly shorter time frame or stretched to a slightly longer time frame–whatever will work best for your schedule.
Open Cluster Format: A group of 4-12 classmates; pricing and registration details please click HERE.
Individual Format (one-on-one): pricing and registration details please contact Brittany Macdonald HERE or at 559.547.8202.
Private Cohort: pricing and registration details please contact Brittany Macdonald HERE or at 559.547.8202.
Note: Contact Brittany at 559.547.8202 or HERE for more information and additional pricing options if you are registering two or more participants.
Our Program Policy and procedures
We use Zoom technology for all of our classes. We highly recommend that you have access to a laptop or computer in order to download files and to download the Zoom app and test it 48 hours prior to your first class.
Attendance: Attend 10 of the 12 live class sessions
Vimify: At the conclusion of the program, participants will be required to finish Vimify (online classroom) tasks with an 80% completion rate or more within 10 days of the conclusion of the program. If the 80% is not met, the coach will be issued a Certificate of Completion for the course in place of the credential.
Buddy Coaching: All coaches are required to complete six hours of buddy coaching throughout the program which will be assigned every other week. It is recommended that you start coaching a career client after week 6.
Mentor Coaching: 2 group mentor coaching sessions with an Academies PCC-level instructor are included in the price of the program. Mentor coaching sessions are in groups of two or three and about an hour each.
- 3 additional mentor coaching sessions are required if you have not taken mentor coaching with us before OR if you do not hold an ICF credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC).
- The additional three mentor coaching sessions will be held with Susan Britton, PCC, Founder and CEO of the Academies.
- All mentor coaching must be completed within 12 weeks after completion of the 12-week program. Missed sessions, without 24 hours prior notice, are billed.
Upon completion of the above requirements, coaches will receive a display certificate suitable for framing and rights to use the CBJSC logo. In addition, the credential also makes you eligible for other opportunities that The Academies, Inc. pursues on behalf of CBJSC practitioners.
Should you need to withdraw, the following options are available:
Transfer Option: Should you want to retake the course with a starting date within 12 months of the original starting date (subject to space availability) – a $350 administrative fee applies and an additional charge equal to the difference in price if the program has increased in investment.
Withdrawal Option: Receive a full refund less a $350 administrative fee if withdrawing at least 48 hours before class begins. Receive a 50% refund if withdrawing after that time and before class 2 (note that if you choose to pay via payment plan, your second payment will be drawn and your final two will be canceled). Upon notifying us of withdrawal, we ask you to delete any program materials you may have downloaded. No refund available after class 2.